What do you think of the new website?

Home Forums NPA Operations What do you think of the new website?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mitchel Haas 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sam Falaki
    Keymaster

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the new website. I’m thinking the logo needs to be changed (among other things).
    Let me know what needs to be improved or missing.

Sam Falaki

Internet & Database Committee

Mitchel Haas
    Participant

I really like the looks of the new site. Well done!

I don’t believe saying this diminishes the hundreds (or thousands) of hours of hard work that Greg Volk and others have put into the original site. To the contrary, I think it complements the hard work that Greg has already done, because with his work, the site would not exist as it does today.

Complements to both Greg and Sam!

Sam Falaki
    Keymaster

Thanks. The old site had a lot of features, not easy to replicate. I think Greg’s world science database website could continue to complement worldnpa.org because it has a more extensive list of alternative science and scientists far beyond just the NPA membership. Greg spent a lot of time uploading and sorting a broad array of science related content to make it available to the public, it shouldn’t be abandoned.
    Thanks again for the encouraging words!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Sam Falaki.

JeffOnWire
    Keymaster

Hi Sam,

I am not familiar with the old site, but agree with Mitchel that the new site looks nice, especially considering how quickly you had to get it into production.

Sam Falaki
    Keymaster

Thanks for the encouraging words :)

Mitchel Haas
    Participant

Thanks Sam, and I also meant to include David de Hilster above, in my comment. I don’t think anyone probably realizes the enormous amount of work he has put into the original site over the years, but without all that effort, the site and organization would not be what it is today.

I hope he will still have the time, going forward, to share his expertise in helping to keep new site/look going, and improving over time.

Are you planning on adding updates to the ‘News’ page as to when you get parts of the site working?
    I think it would be nice to when updates to the site have been made, and when certain pages are made functional.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.