kamkaro

Home Forums Open Discussions kamkaro

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  dolii45 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dolii45
    Participant

Often Maxwell’s equations are described as linear except in some materials. To me that is not fundamental enough. I suggest that ultimately the wave equation of the Universe (if there are such things) absolutely must be non-linear. If light was linear then it could never be observed. Non-linearity and interaction are the same thing. Linear equations have zero interaction. We can see light and therefore its behaviour is non-linear. All of our senses depend on non-linearities for detection. Only with non-linearity does the Universe become interesting.
    Of course in most cases that we observe light it is at far below the intensity at which non-linearities begin to manifest. But intense lasers can achieve interactions.
    There are a number of people who, like me, think that matter is just a special case of electromagnetic waves. Particles are spherical standing waves of e/m which means that as the centre is approached the intensity of waves gets very high and so therefore do the non-linear effects. And as a result there are no infinities.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  dolii45.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.