Force Doubling Paradox of Gravitational Attraction

Home Forums Science and Philosophy Force Doubling Paradox of Gravitational Attraction

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nicolaus Vern 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Stan Byers
    Participant

Abstract: A public domain article. This paper compares three concepts for modeling the cause of gravitation:
    * Radiation Pressure * General Relativity Attraction * Mass Attraction

The argument is presented that the radiation pressure model of gravity is the only model that produces the correct values for the forces acting upon orbiting bodies. All competing “attraction” models produce values that are double the actual force which is required to maintain orbit. This force doubling paradox as detailed in this paper indicates that the Mass Attraction and General Relativity Attraction concepts are not viable models for the cause of gravity and inertia.

Cheers, Stan Byers

Stan Byers
    Participant

In some unknown manner the web links for the above message did not appear. The links for the article are:

http://home.netcom.com/~sbyers11/DoblFrcPar.htm

One related article is:

Light Speed versus Special Relativity
    http://home.netcom.com/~sbyers11/litespd_vs_sr.htm

Cheers, Stan Byers

fairyanna
    Participant

okkk…………

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  fairyanna.

WillHolt
    Participant

I’ll add this to our newsletter. I think people are not aware that there is activity on the forum and hence not visiting to check.350-050 vce

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  WillHolt.

Nicolaus Vern
    Participant

I agree Stan, I believe this is, in every sense of the word, a paradox. It is odd that it is never described as such, but my impression is that it is believed to be as such. While that statement itself might seem a paradox, it is quite simple. Most would appreciate that Newton’s law was reliant on action at a distance, and even Newton dismissed this idea, instead he was insisting that he was describing a relationship and not a cause. And in agreement with what you say – with ‘action at a distance’ there are two actions at play, and so there should be double the force. So yes, action at a distance does not work, it is a paradox.

Things have however been further complicated. Now that we have field theories, we dismiss Newtons law as a good attempt and we understand these ‘forces’ to be relative – that is only one side is felt – and they are supposedly the same. However there is still a problem… It depends on how you define the field – if the field is derived from within the objects, then this is very similar to ‘action at a distance’ and I believe the paradox still stands. If however, the field is a single field affected by all matter, then I believe the force felt is truly relative (one direction) and there is no paradox. This is interesting because I feel that Einstein’s philosophy suggests a single field approach, while the mathematics that he (and others) derived presents a ‘sum of fields’ approach and is subject to the paradox.

It all comes down to this statement taken from Wikipedia – “The gravitational field on mass mj is the sum of all gravitational fields due to all other masses mi, except the mass mj itself”. So, the mathematics uses the ‘sum of fields’ approach and then says “except the mass mj itself”, which then cancels the paradox. It looks like a mathematical trick. But, mathematics is not my strong point…

On this subject I would recommend reading Ludwick Kostro, ‘Einstein and the Ether’. This is a truly outstanding book written by a highly respected academic on a very sensitive subject.

I struggled to keep this as brief as I could – these ideas are from my book ‘Bubble Earth – Space Time Gravity and the Evolving Earth’.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.